Comics and Hollywood stars gathered together last night, March 14, to make jokes about Justin Bieber. Comedy Central filmed the roast, which will premiere March 30, and Billboard managed to share a few juicy details. For one, Will Ferrell laid into Bieber as Ron Burgundy. That was worth the price of admission right there.
As always, Jeff Ross was on hand to tear into the pop singer. Kevin Hart, Hannibal Burress, Natasha Leggero, Snoop Dogg, Shaquille O'Neal, Martha Stewart and Ludacris rounded out the lineup of roasters.
Here are a few choice lines from the festivities:
• Kevin Hart: "Orlando Bloom took a swing at you; you have a perfume called Girlfriend; you threw eggs at a house -- not gangsta."
• Ludacris: "A feud with One Direction? That's like a fight between don't-care and who-gives-a-s**t."
• Ferrell as Burgundy: "Justin Bieber is a full-grown man who works and loves and makes things with his hands. He sings to 9-year-olds and his hair is like a gay figure skater."
• Snoop Dogg: "Justin, you're so pretty, when inmates see your mug shot, they swipe right."
• Jeff Ross: "You have such a huge career ... behind you."
• Justin Bieber: "What do you get when you give a teenager $200 million? A bunch of has-beens calling you a lesbian for two hours."
Biebs took it all in stride, though. He concluded the show by assuring everyone that the next chapter of his career would include less drama.
"There was no preparing me for this life. I got thrown into this at 12 years old. There are moments I'm proud of and things I've done that don't define who I am. I look forward to being someone you're proud of. ... I'm excited to see what's next," he said.
The singer follows a long list of celebrities who have sat in the hot seat for Comedy Central's Roast series. James Franco was the last one to participate. Pamela Anderson, Charlie Sheen and Chevy Chase have all been roasted previously.