Dr. Dre Shares New Album Details: 'Straight Outta Compton' OST Coming
Ice Cube stopped the music world in its tracks last week when he announced that Dr. Dre would be releasing a new album this week. Immediately people starting thinking about the long lost Detox project that will never be released, but instead Dre clarified that he curated the soundtrack for the upcoming Straight Outta Compton film, which is based on his life in N.W.A. It will feature hip-hop heavyweights like Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, The Game, Ice Cube and Dre himself.
Dre made the announcement on his Beats 1 show, where he also detailed what happened to Detox. Fans can stop waiting around for the LP as it is never coming. Speaking on air, "I didn't like it. It wasn't good," Dre said of Detox, which had been in the works since 2001. "The record, it just wasn't good ... I worked my ass off on it, and I don't think I did a good enough job."
The OST will be released on August 7 and is available on iTunes now for pre-order. The film will hit theaters on August 16. See the full tracklist below.
1. Intro ft. Dr. Dre
2. Talk About It ft. King Mez & Justus
3. Genocide ft. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay
4. It's All On Me ft. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid
5. All In a Day's Work ft. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius
6. Darkside/Gone ft. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar
7. Loose Cannons ft. Xzibit & COLD 187um
8. Issues ft. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak
9. Deep Water ft. Kendrick Lamar & Justus
10. One Shot One Kill ft. Snoop Dogg & Jon Connor
11. Just Another Day ft. Asia Bryant & The Game
12. For the Love of Money ft. Jill Scott & Jon Connor
13. Satisfiction ft. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez
14. Animals ft. Anderson Paak
15. Medicine Man ft. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak
16. Talking To My Diary ft. Dr. Dre