Music Times > Jobs
Music Times Network is a global digital media brand home to Music Times.com, MStars News.com and Classicalite.com. Headquartered in New York City, MStars News, Music Times and Classicalite are premiere multimedia platforms for breaking celebrity news, entertainment and pop culture coverage.
Each month millions of fans recognize Mstars News, Music Times and Classicalite as the go-to destination for up to the minute coverage on the hottest trends in the arts, television, film,music, fashion, beauty, sports, comics, comedy, theater, charity, fitness, food, and much, much more.
Music Times Network strives daily to not only break the news but make the news with exclusive interviews, red carpet coverage and on-camera performances in our own studio and on location. Since it's establishment in 2013, the Music Times Network has become ranked among the top 50 entertainment websites in the world according to Comscore.com.
We're looking part-time freelance contributing writers with a strong working knowledge of aggregated creative content and SEO tactics. Cultural awareness is at the center of this position as well as a creative mindset, positive energy and flexibility. As a contributor, you will catch hot topics and write numerous articles throughout the day, meeting daily goals. Candidates must be timely, have the ability to find content on the verge of going viral and know how to drive traffic.
• Experience in Journalism, Communications or related field required
• Experience writing for online multimedia (web savvy)
• Knowledge of diverse social media platforms and niche entertainment sites
• FIRM grasp of SEO
• Can write secondary stories using reliable sources while maintaining unique voice
• Can turn around a story in less than 40 minutes if needed
• Well-versed in the Associated Press writing style
• Editing/video production experience a plus
To apply, email email@example.com with Creative Content Writer in the subject line and include:
1. Resume including LinkedIn profile, personal website and cover letter
2. Three (3) previpusly published clips
3. Minimum 3 professional references from different companies with full contact info
4. Brief salary history