7 Bob Dylan Hits as the Music Icon Celebrates 75th Birthday
Bob Dylan, one of the music icons who are still active in the music industry up to this day, turns 75. Dylan is preparing for his summer tour with Mavis Staples and he has just recently released his 37th LP, Fallen Angels and American Songbook classics, his second straight Sinatra-inspired album, Rollingstone reported.
In Tulsa, Okla, a museum dedicated to his personal archives is constructed which will surely bring fans from around the world. His summer tour will conclude in October at the Desert Trip festival with Paul McCartney, the Who, the Rolling Stones Roger Waters, Wall Street Journal reported. To go back to the hit songs from Dylan, we have listed here the top 7 hit songs of the star that will no doubt let you return to the olden days.
1. "Tangled Up in Blue" (1975). Dylan spent two years to write this song during the time when his marriage was crumbling.
2. "Just Like a Woman" (1966) .The song is about the lessons Dylan got from romance as it talks about his adoration and disappointments but he did not reveal if there was a certain woman who was the inspiration of the song.
3. "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" (1965). The song is about the end of a friendship or about abandonment leading to a devastating farewell.
4. "Mr. Tambourine Man" (1965). Anyone would love the rhyming of this song that made it more extraordinary.
5. "Blowin' in the Wind" (1963). This song is familiar to most of us with the Peter, Paul and Mary version but you will surely love Dylan's writing. Dylan also had his own version of the song.
6. "I Shall Be Released" (1971). A tale about a prisoner yearning for freedom, this song is a rock hymn which was recently sang by Kesha to pay homage to the singer.
7. "A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall" (1963). Being a protest writer, this song is a warning about an upcoming apocalypse with some horrific visions in the lyrics.