Musicians are a weird bunch. As the son and nephew of professional musicians, the author can tell you that they can be eccentric individuals. When it comes to world touring musicians, their peculiarities come out even more with the habits they develop on the road. No place better personifies this then an artist's rider requests and Future Music Festival, the massive Australian and Asian multi-city festival, shared 10 of the most bizarre rider requests they have ever gotten. They range from the environmentally friendly to new outfits to bisexual goldfish. It is all too strange.
While some of the requests on here are too bizarre to even try and guess who would be the culprit, there are a few more plausible ones. Dillon Francis is a known troll and will do things like prank call your mom in the middle of the night for $1,000. Afrojack loves cars, especially fancy sports cars, and is not above making a statement with a fancy car. The last could be the antic of Major Lazer who likes to burn the house down. See the full list below.
1. A particular duo has requested for a bisexual goldfish of all things. We're not exactly sure why, but maybe it just has more flare than a regular goldfish.
2. Fortunately, even while touring, these guys still care about the environment. So much so that they have requested for two large trash cans, a recycling bin and reusable plates to use.
3. A well-known American DJ had asked for a framed picture of himself to be placed in his dressing room. There's no reason to not love yourself when you're that famous.
4. This DJ has always been one of the biggest trolls in the industry. Be careful, because his rider list includes the promoter's girlfriend's phone number, a replica of Indiana Jones's whip and a piñata full of candy!
5. This next one may be kind of cute. This DJ's request for heart-shaped balloons seems pretty harmless but what's next on the list? Waitress outfits!
6. Some people travel with their pets but this artist likes to travel exotically by having a parrot that's trained to say his name.
7. We are all for riding in style and making a grand entrance. This world-famous DJ prefers his ride to be either a Bugatti Veyron or a Porsche Spyder. Classy indeed.
8. Having all the furniture removed and replacing them with your own may be overdoing it, but what's more comfortable than having your own stuff with you?
9. One of the more elegant things to be requested is to have a professional violinist play while this artist eats his cheese plate.
10. Lastly, an infamous moombahton and dancehall DJ requested for a bonfire pit in his dressing room to add more sizzle while on tour!