Stax Records/Concord Music Group has announced the release of Take Me To The River: Music From The Motion Picture, according to HipHopDX.
The site reports the film's soundtrack will be released September 9 and is now available for pre-order.
Take Me To The River features artists, like Snoop Dogg and Yo Gotti among many others, who star in Martin Shore's award-winning documentary with the same title.
Specifically, the album features "I Forgot To Be Your Lover" by William Bell featuring Snoop Dogg, which Stax and Concord also released a teaser clip for.
The Take Me To The River: Music From The Motion Picture tracklist is as follows.
1. "Ain't No Sunshine" - Bobby "Blue" Bland featuring Yo Gotti
2. "Wish I Had Answered" - Mavis Staples with North Mississippi All-Stars
3. "Be Like Me" - Bar Kays featuring 8Ball and MJG
4. "Push and Pull" - Bobby Rush* featuring Frayser Boy
5. "Supposed to Be" - Booker T. with North Mississippi All-Stars featuring Al Kapone
6. "Trying to Live My Life Without You" - Otis Clay featuring P-Nut
7. "I've Been Buked" - Mavis Staples with North Mississippi All-Stars
8. "I Forgot to Be Your Lover" - William Bell with Stax Music Academy feat. Snoop Dogg
9. "If I Should Have Bad Luck" - Charlie Musselwhite with the City Champs
10. "Knock On Wood" - William Bell with Stax Music Academy
11. "Henpecked" - Bobby Rush* featuring Frayser Boy
12. "Walk Away" - Terrence Howard with Hi Rhythm Section
As previously reported, Take Me To The River offers in depth look into the inter-generational and interracial musical influence of Memphis.
Take Me To The River "is not just a movie, it's an experience for the soul," the film's distributor Richard Abramowitz told Indie Wire. "Bringing together musical talents from various generations creates a bridge of understanding between the young and old about where their musical history is rooted."