Luke Bryan acknowledged last week that it's rough for women in country music, as a majority of the genre's listeners are female and yet only six of the Top 25 songs on the country charts are sung by women. Willie Nelson has been aware of the problem for a while apparently, because he's launching a duets album featuring nothing but female partners.
"To All The Girls" will drop on October 15 according to label Legacy Recordings. The album will feature Nelson teaming up with Dolly Parton, Carrie Underwood and Loretta Lynn among others on the album.
Although duets are all the rage in country music (see our story on Kenny Rogers teaming up with Dolly Parton from earlier this week), don't expect the dynamic Nelson to stick strictly to that genre on "Girls." He'll also team up with soul legend Mavis Staples, jazz crooner Norah Jones and a few less-rural performers.
Check out the full track list below, with Nelson costars for the tracks in parentheses.
1. "From Here to the Moon and Back" (Dolly Parton)
2. "She Was No Good for Me" (Miranda Lambert)
3. "It Won't Be Very Long" (Secret Sisters)
4. "Please Don't Tell Me How the Story Ends" (Rosanne Cash)
5. "Far Away Places" (Sheryl Crow)
6. "Bloody Mary Morning" (Wynonna)
7. "Always on My Mind" (Carrie Underwood)
8. "Somewhere Between" (Loretta Lynn)
9. "No Mas Amor" (Alison Krauss)
10. "Back to Earth" (Melonie Cannon)
11. "Grandma's Hands" (Mavis Staples)
12. "Walkin'" (Norah Jones)
13. "Til the End of the World" (Shelby Lynne)
14. "Will You Remember Mine" (Lily Meola)
15. "Dry Lightning" (Emmylou Harris)
16. "Making Believe" (Brandi Carlile)
17. "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" (Paula Nelson)
18. "After the Fire Is Gone" (Tina Rose)