Every year for the past 11 years, Tiësto has released some of the most celebrated compilation albums in dance music. He first started with his celebrated In Search of Sunrise compilations on Black Hole Recordings in 2005, but with his departure from the label and trance in 2010, the "Wasted" DJ decided to launch a new series the following year titled Clublife. Each edition is inspired by various cities around the world, mostly in the United States that love dance music. Today, Tiësto has taken a page from hip-hop and dropped the compilation, Clublife Vol. 4: New York as a surprise album, featuring the likes of Martin Garrix, Dzeko & Torres, KSHMR, MOTi and many more.
The compilation includes some already released tracks on Tiësto's label Musical Freedom, in addition to some exclusive edits and tracks including his one with DallasK "Show Me" that samples Jay Z's "Show Me What You Got."
Tiësto released a statement as to why he chose New York City, a place where he owns an apartment, for this next compilation.
"I launched my Clublife series with the idea of creating a mix album inspired by cities that love dance music. The series started with Las Vegas, the home of my Hakkasan residency, and then followed with volumes inspired by Miami and Stockholm. Now, it's time to show respect to the city that never sleeps - New York. This is a very special city for so many reasons and it's true that whatever you desire is at your fingertips - great culture, fashion, food, and entertainment. New York City has been home to some of the biggest moments in dance music. From the days of Studio 54 and Paradise Garage to the Limelight, Tunnel and Twilo, and now with Marquee, Lavo, Pacha, Space and Provocateur, New York City has always been at the center of whatever's happening in dance music. The current club scene is thriving and on any given night there's a world class DJ in town. It's hard not to be inspired by this great city and I'm happy to dedicate the latest installment in my CLUBLIFE series to the place where the lights shine brightest," Tiësto says.
1. MOTi - Valencia (Intro Edit / John Christian Remix)
2. Tiësto & KSHMR - Secrets
3. Dzeko & Torres, Maestro Harrell - For You feat. Delora
4. Martin Garrix & Tiësto - The Only Way Is Up
5. Bobby Puma - Someone Somewhere (Tiësto Edit)*
6. Tiësto - Butterflies*
7. Tiësto & The Disco Fries - Chant*
8. Tiësto - Change Your World*
9. A&G - Lucid*
10. KSHMR - Kashmir
11. Dzeko & Torres - Air feat. Delaney
12. Dotan - Home (Tiësto vs. Twoloud Remix)*
13. Wee-O - Fighting For feat. Morgan Karr (Tiësto Edit)*
14. ALVARO & Jetfire - Guest List
15. Tiësto & DallasK - Show Me*
16. Firebeatz - Sky High (Tiësto Edit)*
17. MOTi - House Of Now (Tiësto Edit)*
18. Zaxx vs. Riggi & Piros - Alpha*