When it comes to life, Jay Z and Beyoncé are winning just about everything. Having incredibly successful music careers, expanding their empires beyond music and being a happy family through the process is about as good as it gets. However, even with all of that winning, they can't top the general population every time. According to reports, Jay & Bey were in the hunt for a mansion in Beverly Hills, but Minecraft's founder Markus Persson purchased the home.
Persson was made very wealthy recently after selling his gaming company, Mojang (which owns Minecraft), to Microsoft for a cool $2.5 billion. With that money, he has decided to put a little of it aside into a new mansion in Beverly Hills that was apparently sold to him for $70 million dollars. The fully furnished, 23,000-foot home has some pretty outrageous amenities, which you might expect for the price via the realtor John Aaroe Group.
- Vodka and Tequila bars for those wild parties around the house
- A candy room
- 18-seat tiered screening room
- Art pieces including a replica of James Dean's motorcycle and a chromed Ma Deuce machine gun
- Eight bedrooms
- 15 bathrooms, each equipped with $5,600 toilets
- 54-foot curved glass living room door that opens into an infinity pool with iPad controlled fountains
- Panoramic views that sweep from downtown LA to the Pacific Ocean to view his domain. Those views can be viewed in the downstairs lounge on cold nights through 90-inch televisions.
— Markus Persson (@notch) December 18, 2014
The amount of money they would have had to reportedly spend on this house was less then their total earnings combined for the year, but it would be a large dent in their pocketbook. Jay Z & Beyoncé may be a little upset at this one for now, but we have a feeling they won't be hung up on the mansion for long.