Coachella Organizers Reportedly Tabbing Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Stones, McCartney For Festival
What is being dubbed by some as the "biggest concert in history," Coachella organizers AEG Live / Goldenvoice are reportedly in talks to bring together some of the biggest rocks acts of the 1960s and 1970s for one massive festival this fall at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, California. The six mega-headliners would be Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, The Who, Neil Young, The Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd's Roger Waters.
According to Billboard, each of the headliners could be paid up to a staggering $7 million each for a full set at the festival.
It will be their full stage productions, with full sets," said one person close to the project to the LA Times. This would be different from most major festivals where acts have maximum an hour and a half to play their hits.
The six artists have never shared the same stage before. The festival would take place from Oct. 7-9 at the Empire Polo Field.
"It's so special in so many ways," said Young's longtime manager, Elliot Roberts to the LA Times. "You won't get a chance to see a bill like this, perhaps ever again. It's a show I look forward to more than any show in a long time."
Deals have not been finalized, but the official announcement is expected to arrive in the next few weeks.
Under tentative plans, Dylan and The Rolling Stones would get the action started playing back to back on Oct. 7. The following night would bring Neil Young and Paul McCartney on stage with their own respective bands. The last night would find The Who and Roger Waters perform.
It was reported earlier this year that Coachella was looking to bring another fall festival to Indio "imminently." Now it appears as though we have a sense of just how big their plans are.