When New Year's rolls around it's a time to reflect on the past and look forward to the future. With that in mind, this week's Saturday Night Fever playlist highlights some of the most iconic musicians and features songs from their past, decades ago, and songs that they released this year.
The artists include Paul McCartney, Prince, David Bowie, Elvis Costello and Elton John. Careers in music that span such a significant amount of time allow us to see how music has evolved, but more importantly how the musician in particular has taken what they learned in the past, previous experiences, and used them to fuel what came next.
Take some time to sit back and think about what 2013 has been like for you and what you see for yourself in 2014, and party while you're at it. This mix can be a reminder of how much things can change over time, how nostalgia can be an important and meaningful factor in our everyday lives, but also how growth and looking toward the future is an opportunity. During all of that thinking and reflection, listen to some great tunes.
01. Paul McCartney "New" (2013)
02. Paul McCartney & Wings "Band On The Run" (1973)
03. Prince "Breakfast Can Wait" (2013)
04. Prince "1999" (1982)
05. David Bowie "The Next Day" (2013)
06. David Bowie "Let's Dance" (1983)
07. Elvis Costello "Less Than Zero" (1977)
08. Elvis Costellow (feat. The Roots) "Walk Us Uptown" (2013)
09. Elton John "The Diving Board" (2013)
10. Elton John "Benny And The Jets" (1974)