January 23, 2019 / 8:23 PM

Stay Connected

G-Eazy Issues Apology After Assault, Drug Possession Conviction In Sweden



Rapper G-Eazy has broken his silence following his arrest last week. He is glad to be free and excited to return on the road.

Grateful To Be Getting Off Easy

G-Eazy, whose real name is Gerald Gillum, took to Instagram to express his gratitude. The rapper was arrested in Sweden and convicted of assault, drug possession, and resisting arrest.

He avoided jail time but was sentenced Friday to two years probation, as well as a fine of 80,000 kronor or about $9,000 and a restitution of 6,500 kronor or about $810 payable to the security guard he is accused of assaulting.

The "Him & I" rapper posted a lengthy Instagram message Sunday night ahead of a concert in Denmark.

"Grateful & blessed to be free & safe. Happy to be in Copenhagen tonight doing what I love most, " wrote the 28-year-old rapper, along with a classy black-and-white photo of himself flashing a smile.

"Embarrassed & apologetic beyond words about the incident, but above all I'm so f-cking grateful they let me go, craziest experience of my life, awful night with a lot of bad luck and some even worse decisions but like I said I'm grateful as f-ck to be a free man, back on tour performing for the fans."

He went on to thank everyone who has stood by him during this difficult time, saying that he appreciates it more than they could ever understand.

The Night In Question

Word broke Thursday that a video footage obtained by TMZ purported to show the rapper being put into a police car in Stockholm, just a few hours after he had played a show with his girlfriend Halsey.

G-Eazy was reportedly partying in a club and acting belligerently when security approached him in an effort to calm him down. The rapper reportedly starting throwing punches, hitting one guard in the face. When he was searched by police, they found a stash of cocaine in his pocket.

Swedish police confirmed Thursday morning that an American citizen had been arrested in the early hours of May 3 on an assault charge, reportedly involving an employee of the nightclub.

Events Took A Turn

Videos released on social media showed the rapper, Halsey, and Sean Kingston at Solidaritet in Stockholm. An afterparty at Nosh and Chow, which he attended prior to the incident, seemed to have wrapped up without trouble.

"Everybody had a good time and there was no problems whatsoever. Nosh and Chow was the low-key after-party for them and their friends. ... They were having a good time, dancing and being positive and friendly. It was them, Sean Kingston and their friends and crew," an insider revealed to E! News.

Things took a turn for the worse as the trio hit the club afterward. The rapper was reportedly very remorseful and regretful when he appeared in court, however. A source revealed that he apologized several times and seemed very relieved by the eventual outcome.

G-Eazy was described in a police report as having white powder on his nose, tense jaw muscles, and acting rabid and crazy when he was initially arrested.

His Beautiful and Damned Tour, which began in Stockholm, continues on following Sunday's Copenhagen show.

See Now: Ariana Grande 'No Tears Left To Cry': Full Lyrics And Music Video

© 2019 Music Times, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Real Time Analytics