Chris Brown: Alleged Victim Drops Charges in Las Vegas Assault Case
During the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight weekend, news broke of an alleged assault in Las Vegas involving Chris Brown. The singer, who was taken off of probation just six weeks ago, ran the risk of facing battery charges but recent updates indicate that the victim has dropped the case.
According to TMZ, law enforcement officials said that the man who accused Brown of punching him during a basketball game called the police on Tuesday and told them he wanted to drop the case. He did not explain why.
The altercation reportedly took place following a pickup game against fellow singer Jeremih and his crew.
Prior to the case being closed, Brown's publicist denied the allegations.
"Chris is currently in Las Vegas as he is performing at Drai's on May 5th and receiving a Key to the Strip that day as well," his rep told CNN. "He has a suite at the hotel that has a basketball court and invited friends to come play. An unruly individual showed up uninvited and was removed from the premises. Chris was not in an altercation with this person."
In March, the singer completed his probation over his 2009 assault on Rihanna.
While in Sin City, the "Loyal" singer kicked off his Las Vegas residency at Drai's BeachClub & Nightclub. His installment of the Drai's LIVE concert series started on May 2, the same night of the highly anticipated fight between the welterweight boxers.
As previously reported, Chris Brown's next set date in his residency is July 4. Drai's LIVE will announce more dates in the coming weeks.
Any thoughts? Sound off in the comment section below.