Electric Zoo 2015 Lineup Best of The Rest: Goldroom, RAC, Snails and More
The gates will open to New York City's largest electronic music festival Electric Zoo in under 72 hours. That means fans are getting their signs ready, prepping kandi and laying out outfits to start raving at 1 p.m. on Friday. The lineup is stacked with some big-name talent like Above & Beyond, Alesso and The Chemical Brothers, but there is plenty more going on beyond the main stage. In this post we are highlighting 10 artists who you should be checking out on the other stages including RAC, Wave Racer, Goldroom, Alison Wonderland and more.
1. Alison Wonderland - In a lineup without many ladies (not just an Electric Zoo problem, it's a music festival problem), Alison Wonderland is someone you have to go check out. The Aussie DJ, producer released her debut album Run in March with collabs alongside Wayne Coyne, AWE, Ganz and more. Though her productions have gained notoriety, she is known even more for her electric live shows. Get live in Wonderland on Friday.
2. Wave Racer - Another Australian on the bill on Friday is someone who will bring the authentic modern Aussie sound to E Zoo. His shimmering synths and eclectic samples have made the producer a hit online and he has translated that to his live sets, which is what you will need at 4 p.m. in the Riverside Tent.
3. Snails - The Montreal based producer will have a very busy Friday, performing on both coasts at Electric Zoo in the early afternoon and then Nocturnal Wonderland in San Bernardino later that day. The OWSLA-signee brings his unique brand of dubstep and electro house "vomit-step" that has created a devoted fan base. Get down in the ground with Snails early on Friday.
4. Solarstone - Not to skip out on a trance, the leader of the "pure trance" movement, Richard Mowatt, known professionally at Solarstone is slated for an hour-long set on the Riverside stage. Some of his comrades on the stage will get a little darker, but he finds a happy medium between a classic balearic and uplifting melodic sound that appeals to the casual and hardcore fans alike.
5. Kölsch - The Sunday School tent will be bumping all afternoon and all evening, from Friday to Sunday. He is one of the artists who will provide an airy and more melodic twist to the tent. Not to be confused with the German beer, but just as delicious, the Danish producer will allow fans to float away with his spacey and techy mixes.
6. Bro Safari - American producer, DJ Bro Safari first rose to prominence in the initial wave of moombahton artists in 2010-2012, but transitioned into a heavier electro and trap influenced sound that has appealed to a wider audience. He is commanding the Hilltop Arena after Headhunterz and right before Excision, so there will be some pressure to bring some energy and he is the man for the job. Expect the unexpected from Bro Safari.
7. Le Youth - If you want to have yourself a sexy Sunday, Le Youth invites you to spend time with him on the Riverside side. The Los Angeles-based producer, DJ likes to mix in some classic R&B tunes with top-class remixes of pop tracks and his own summery indie-pop tracks. Your legs may be tired, but it is time to get down and sexy with Le Youth.
8. Jonas Rathsman - The Sunday School tent will be on fire all Sunday (coincidentally) and early on Jonas Rathsman is the man to see. The Swedish DJ, producer has been hot on the lips of many with an Essential mix and a big remix of Eric Prydz's "Generate." He has an hour and half to show his mettle on the side stage and lay down some soothing melodic beats.
9. Goldroom - We just had a chat with Josh Legg and the Los Angeles-based producer, DJ has had a busy summer. He released a new EP a few months ago and has been playing various boat parties around the country. Now back in New York City, Goldroom will provide golden summertime disco to the E Zoo crowd at Hilltop Arena.
10. RAC (Live) - There aren't many live acts at Electric Zoo, but RAC is bringing his band along and you shouldn't miss it. Another artists who specializes in summery beats, the band will bring his music to life. Since it is New York, there could be some surprises with special guest singers from his recent tracks, which he has been unveiling at a pace of one a month. Don't miss him as the festival winds down Sunday night.