GQ Magazine just released its September issue, featuring cover stories on the members of One Direction, with each member having his own special cover. So when the magazine previewed the covers earlier this week, One Direction fans got the chance to see Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik and Harry Styles on their respective covers. This of course also means that One Direction fans could also send death threats to GQ in regards to how they interpreted at least one of the covers - Harry Styles'.
Styles, a known lothario in his own right, is pictured on one of the September covers of GQ with the words "He's up all night to get lucky," underneath his name. Also, the quote "It's definitely less than 100," is featured. So fans went ballistic towards the magazine, claiming it portrayed the heartthrob as a "whore."
Here are some examples of the creative tweets from One Direction fans directed at GQ:
- "the GQ pictures make me want to stab myself in the uterus !!"
- "HARRYS COVER SAYS HE UP ALL NIGHT TO GET LUCKY. @BritishGQ YOURE MAKING HIM SOUND LIKE A WHORE. HES NOT A FUCKING WHORE YOU STUPID CUNTS."
- "@BritishGQ HARRY ISNT "UP ALL NIGHT TO GET LUCKY" HES UP ALL NIGHT MAKING VINES, HANGING OUT WITH HIS HAIR STYLISTS, OLD PEOPLE, AND A BABY"
- "GQ MAGAZINE THIS IS AN INDIRECT TO YOUR EDITOR IM GOING TO TAKE YOUR TESTICLES AND POUND THEM WITH A HAMMER IM UP ALL NIGHT TO FUCK U UP BYE"
- "GQ MAGAZINE CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES WITH A CHAINSAW UP THEIR ASSHOLE TILL IT MUTILATES THEIR INSIDES"
- "im crying dont hate on louis you fukcing assholes or i will shove bleach into your assholes and pull out your eyes with a spork"
- "@BritishGQ U MESSED WITH THE WRONG FANDOM PREPARE TO DIE WE WILL RIP UR BALLS OFF AND STAB UR VAGINAS SEE U IN PRISON bYE"
- "@BritishGQ I want to fucking mutilate your insides, feed them to my dog and burn your body in my own personal raging hell.
Do you think this cover paints Harry in a "whorish" light?