Last month, St. Vincent announced that she was taking suggestions to create a mixtape for one lucky 11-year-old fan. That selection of tracks was then put together and aired during her first session on Apple Music's Beats 1 — its Zane Lowe-led 24-hour radio station. She airs every Tuesday night at 10 p.m. EST and St. Vincent has shared the tracks, which were in her latest episode of Mixtape Delivery Service.
Just like the first episosde, the new selection was done just for one person. It was curated for a recent M.I.T. graduate from Adelaide, who is driving with her "chain-smoking, quietly raging, former truck driver" grandmother on an RV road trip from Texas to Washington, D.C. according to Spin.
The mixtape fits right with that theme for a little bit of calming music and a little bit of high-energy tracks, but it is all American (besides Brian Eno). Ironically enough, St. Vincent has uploaded the whole playlist onto Spotify, a competitor for Apple Music.
Stream it below on Spotify and see the full tracklist for her selections below. Listen for her next personalized mixtape every Tuesday night at 10 p.m. EST. Let's hope the following editions are as interesting.
St. Vincent's Mixtape Delivery Service (Week 2 - July 7):
01. Simon & Garfunkel, "America"
02. Black Moth Super Rainbow, "Forever Heavy"
03. Gil Scott-Heron, "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised"
04. George Strait, "Amarillo By Morning"
05. Metallica, "Wherever I May Roam"
06. Reba McEntire, "Fancy"
07. Loretta Lynn, "Coal Miner's Daughter"
08. Brian Eno, "On Some Faraway Beach"
09. Neil Young, "Don't Let It Bring You Down"
10. Dolly Parton, "9 to 5″
11. Willie Nelson, "A Moment Isn't Very Long"