Gene Simmons, better recognized for being in the rock band Kiss, is currently facing a lawsuit over sexual misconduct claims, which he denies.

The complainant, named as Jane Doe to protect her identity, alleges that Simmons behaved improperly toward her during a November interview, making "several aggressive, unwanted sexual advances" despite Doe's "active and clear" rebuffs.

The lawsuit states that during an interview with Doe, an on-air personality at a rock station, the Kiss bassist reached over and grabbed Doe's hand and forcefully placed it on his knee. After recognizing it as an unwanted sexual advance, Doe yanked her hand away. But Simmons reached for it again and said that she should use lotion. All this happened at the Rock & Brews restaurant in San Bernardino, California, of which Simmons is a co-owner.

Allegedly, Simmons also made salacious statements toward Doe, answering standard questions with "sexual innuendos." The incident left doe visibly powerless, "as demonstrated by moving her hands in a nervous fashion." Shortly after, Simmons forcibly flicked or stuck her in the middle of the throat, at which point Doe attempted to kill the interview. Later while posing for a photo-op, Simmons allegedly reached for and touched Doe's buttocks.

The defendant seeks money judgment for the mental pain, anguish, and severe emotional distress, humiliation, and embarrassment she experienced, plus punitive damages.

In response, Simmons said via Twitter on Sunday, Dec. 17, that he intends to defend himself against any alleged charges.

"For the record, I did not assault the person making these accusations in the manner alleged in the complaint or harm her in any way," Simmons said.

"I am conferring with my lawyers with the aim of vigorously countering these allegations," he said, adding that he looks forward to the day where evidence will prove his innocence in court.

The lawsuit is available in full online.

It notes that Doe's allegations surface during the midst of another controversy involving Simmons and Fox News. He was recently banned for life from the studio for allegedly exposing a part of his body to staff members and shouting, "Hey chicks, sue me!"

"The lawsuit alleges causes of action for sexual battery, gender violence, assault, negligent retention or supervision, gender discrimination, and negligent infliction of emotional distress."

The lawsuit serves as one of the few formal legal actions filed against high-profile figures in show business for alleged sexual harassment, assault, and rape. The unflinching spate of confessions from both men and women coming to the fore was instigated by multiple stories of sexual misconduct involving Harvey Weinstein, a top producer in Hollywood. Since then, there have been allegations against a handful of people, including Kevin Spacey, Dustin Hoffman, Louis C.K., Mario Batali, Matt Lauer, Al Franken, Jeffrey Tambor, and many others.