2016 Grammy Nominees Album: Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar, Lots of Country Comprise Tracklist
If you're looking for another way to relish in the best and biggest music of 2015, look no more. On Friday (Jan. 8), the full tracklisting for the 2016 Grammy Nominees album was revealed, and featuring everyone from Taylor Swift to Chris Stapleton to Meghan Trainor and Alabama Shakes, the 21-song LP is a who's-who of popular music today.
The lengthy album not only covers the best music from October 2014 to September 2015 but also gives a nice summation of this year's nominees. As Idolator reports, that includes all of the Best New Artist contenders and choice selections from the other "big four" categories, including songs from D'Angelo and the Vanguard, Ed Sheeran, James Bay and more.
Curiously enough, the album is country-heavy, with all five songs for Best Country Solo Performance making the tracklist. Little Big Town's "Girl Crush" and Sam Hunt's "Take Your Time" also made the cut for their Song of the Year and Best new Artist nods (respectively).
Of course, we also get a selection of other genres, including a little rock from Best New Artist nominee Courtney Barnett and from the powerhouse Florence + The Machine. Hip-hop is well represented through 11-time nominee Kendrick Lamar as well as Wiz Khalifa. Pop gives us the most offerings, with Swift, Sheeran, Maroon 5 and Tori Kelly leading the pack.
2016 Grammy Nominees Album Tracklist:
01. "Uptown Funk," Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
02. "Blank Space," Taylor Swift
03. "Can't Feel My Face," The Weeknd
04. "Thinking Out Loud," Ed Sheeran
05. "Sugar," Maroon 5
06. "Ship to Wreck," Florence + The Machine
07. "Don't Wanna Fight," Alabama Shakes
08. "Really Love," D'Angelo and the Vanguard
09. "Alright," Kendrick Lamar
10. "Traveller," Chris Stapleton
11. "Girl Crush," Little Big Town
12. "See You Again," Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth
13. "Lips Are Movin'," Meghan Trainor
14. "Should've Been Us," Tori Kelly
15. "Take Your Time," Sam Hunt
16. "Hold Back the River," James Bay
17. "Pedestrian at Best," Courtney Barnett
18. "Little Toy Guns," Carrie Underwood
19. "Burning House," Cam
20. "Chances Are," Lee Ann Womack
21. "John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16," Keith Urban
The album is due to be released on Jan. 22. The 2016 Grammys will air on Feb. 15.