Usher Raymond IV and wife/manager Grace Miguel have confirmed that they will be separating after two years of marriage and nearly 10 years of being together.
The celebrity couple confirmed the news to fans and the press through a joint statement released on Tuesday, March 6.
"After much thought and consideration we have mutually decided to separate as a couple," they explain. "We remain deeply connected, loving friends who will continue supporting each other through the next phases of our lives. The enormous amount of love and respect that we have for each other will only increase as we move forward."
An anonymous source added that Raymond and Miguel have been separated for months now.
Usher And Grace Miguel
The "My Boo" singer has been romantically involved with Miguel since 2009. They started dating shortly after his split with his first wife, Tameka Foster (with whom he shares 10-year-old Usher Raymond V and 9-year-old Naviyd Ely). He proposed in January 2015 and, months later, got hitched in a secret wedding and had their honeymoon in Havana, Cuba.
Two months later, he confirmed his marriage during a conversation with daytime talk show host Ellen DeGeneres.
In an interview with Billboard back in 2014, Raymond gushed about Miguel who, he said, has been his rock who helped him survive some of the toughest hurdles in his life and career.
"I have an incredible partner and manager," the Grammy-winning singer shared. "She has helped me through some of the hardest times in my life and my career. She's someone who has been able to support and understand all of who I am. Not just as a dancer or as a performer or as a singer, but as a humanitarian and a businessman and as a person."
He added that she has become his travel buddy who helped him see the world in a new light. He said that, together, they went to museums and monumental sites, eat in the best restaurants in the world, and rode a bus to the next city, excited for their next adventure.
Lawsuit Against Usher
Last year, Raymond was hit with a $20 million lawsuit filed by a woman who claims that he exposed her to the herpes simplex virus 2. Soon after, more women came forward, saying that they, too, were exposed to the virus. The singer allegedly did not disclose that he has sexually transmitted infection to his sexual partners which was required by law in some states.
The initial lawsuit was dismissed in November.