Diplo's 2017 Mad Decent Beach Party In Mexico Canceled
Diplo's Mad Decent Beach Party - a planned four-day festival on the Riviera Maya on the coastlines of the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico has been canceled. The event was scheduled to take place from Feb. 16-19 in 2017.
In a statement posted on the festival's website, Mad Decent said that they would not be able to put on the event in the "exact style we are accustomed."
"The CID Presents team and Mad Decent crew are both committed to providing fans with stellar experiences, and after thorough consideration, we have realized we are not able to host the weekend in the exact style we are accustomed," said the festival in a statement. "Therefore, unfortunately we have decided to cancel this event. Our sincerest apologies to each person this decision impacts."
Those who bought tickets will get full refunds, including for their airfare.
"Fans who purchased all-inclusive packages will be refunded in full, including related airfare expenses, and will receive direct communication from CID Presents in the coming days."
Tickets to the event were secured with a $500 deposit, followed by deposits in September, October and November. Only two other payments were taken from from ticket holders.
Diplo announced the festival in July. It was supposed to bring fans to the Barceló Maya Beach Resort on the Caribbean coast for four days of sun, beats and sand. No artists were announced for a speculative lineup.
This would have been the latest venture for Diplo's Mad Decent. He has been putting on Block Parties around North American for several years and expanded to India in 2016. The company hosted a cruise event; the Mad Decent Boat Party in November the past two years, but a woman fell overboard and died last year.